Estate planning on your own can be complicated and costly. The list is endless…state taxes, bureaucracy, probate courts, unfair appraisals, health care concerns, eligibility of heirs, life insurance, IRA’s, 401K’s, annuities, burial or cremation costs, and intent regarding death-postponing treatment to name a few. Not knowing your legal and financial rights often ends up costing you more in the end.
Thoughts of estate planning often bring more questions than answers:
- Could an heir be too young to inherit?
- Should the inheritance be given at a certain age?
- Is the intended beneficiary in a shaky marriage with divorce as a possibility?
- Are there children from a previous marriage?
- Should inheritance be protected from potential creditors of the heir?
- Are there taxes that can be avoided?
- Are you able to avoid the probate court rules, delays, and costs?
Planning what happens to your estate when you’re gone can seem frustrating and intimidating without qualified help.
You may feel that you’re too young to care about estate planning. Or, perhaps the reminder of death makes you uncomfortable. You might be tempted to put the whole thing off, assuming that it will just take care of itself. In all cases, estate planning ends up saving your family time, heartache, and money.
Every estate planning situation is different. In order to help you, we want to know you, your unique situation, and the nature of your relationships. We offer discussion, recommendations and useful research tools to make your planning simple, efficient, and worry-free. We are available throughout the process for further discussion regarding questions, change of circumstances, and alternatives. At every step, we’ll be there with you.
Tactical’s estate planning programs help:
- Clearly define your estate planning goals.
- Organize and create your estate planning team (experts on law, finance, and taxes) if you need one.
- Evaluate and recommend estate planning options..
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate.
- Lessen taxes at time of death.
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want.
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses.
The hassles and red tape associated with estate planning can be daunting, but you don’t need to do it alone. Our team is waiting to assist you through every step of the process. Please note that our estate planning and tax services are an independent service that Tactical Wealth Advisors offers and does not fall under the jurisdiction of our CTA and CPO.